Monday, December 25, 2006

Music...Thank God...

I must thank God for music everyday...I just can't get over how it can affect you so much...It makes me want to do things I would not do in a quiet room (mostly because of my ADD) but I will just go nuts and head bang to some hard stuff, or bob and sway to the feel good stuff...Music does something to me...It makes me want to be the person I never thought I could be and I truly believe God uses music as a median to speak to us, as well as something we can communicate to God with…I’m in a worship band and I like to play my guitar anytime, and I know those are times I feel closest to God…The times I can just feel the music flowing through my soul into worship…The times I don’t give a rip what I look like or what people think of me…I know sometimes I let music become a god in itself, and that is something I have to work on, but I really love those times of pure spiritual movement that come with music…So, as personal advice, next time you feel moved with music, don’t stall, just let it all out…You will find that it was well worth it…In the words of Kevin Young of Disciple, “Everyone, worship God in your own way…”

Let the moshing begin again…

No comments: