Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Patience...

Theme from my life lately: Patience.

Not that I have lived in it one hundred percent, but more so that I realize that this is what I am going to have to hang my hat on for awhile, probably the rest of my life...In my last post I talked about all the desires and wants I have, and how I'm not sure what to make of all of them...There are so many things I want to do and be, and even just tonight another opportunity for a great summer job came my way...It seems that I have so many options in life, but have no freakin clue what one God wants me on the most...


I'm not dumb...I know God has a plan...But I'm human...I want that plan now...I want all the things that I want to be, to happen now and/or soon...I want to tour in a band, be a youth pastor, be a camp director, be homeless, did I mention be in a band?

I feel like when you read this it seems to have the maturity level of a middle schooler...Maybe I'm right...It's not that I am approaching my dreams with a sense of the carefree...I realize that my plan is not God's...

And I'm having a heck of a time realizing that school is where I'm supposed to be, in the realm of academics...I love my classes...All of them...I just hate homework (who doesn't) I enjoy digging deeper into the meaning of prayer and the Bible...I enjoy learning about church history...But for some reason I just can't make myself sit down and do all the work the professors want done...I keep thinking of what I want to do when I get out of college and I forget that I am called to be in the very seat I am sitting in right now...

Patience.

Waiting on God.

Prayer.

All I have left.





We raise our voice to you
With one sound to you
We rejoice
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound.

::The Glorious Unseen::
::"Sweet, Sweet Sound"::



A little taste of what I get to do every Monday and Wednesday morning:

No comments: