Thursday, March 27, 2008

Washed By The Water...

So, I know a few of you commented about it already on my last post, but this past Sunday I was baptized...It was Easter...And it was awesome...Everyone that had invested in me since the beginning in high school was there...I was dunked by my high school youth pastor who is now my boss and friend...I felt like it was the right thing to do at the right time...I'm just interested to see how it affects my immediate family, who is not Christian...But for those of you who read this and were there to support me, thanks soo much, and if you weren't there, thanks for being a part of my journey as well...Thanks for the encouragement




The words don't fit exactly with my situation, but it's a great song...Check it out:

Daddy was a Preacher
She was his wife
Just tryin' to make the world a little better
You know, shine a light

People started talking

Just to hear their own voice
Those people tried to accuse my father
Saying he'd made the wrong choice

Though it might be painful
You know time will always tell
Those people have long since gone
My father never failed


Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts rising
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water

Even if the Earth crumbles under my feet
Even if the ones I love turn around and crucify me
I won’t never ever let you down
I won’t fall, I won’t fall, I won’t fall as long as you’re around me

:::Needtobreathe- "Washed By The Water"::::

1 comment:

we are not poets. said...

i thought the song was perfect. Despite that it didn't fit your situation. Its a great song. :)