Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Letter From God...

Dear Son,

Before the beginning of time I knew you. I knew what color your eyes would be, and I could hear the sound of your laughter. Like a proud father who carries a picture of his son, I carried the image of you in my eyes, for you were created in my image. Before the beginning of time, I chose you. I spoke your name into the heavens and I smiled as its melody resounded off the walls of my heart.

You are mine. My love for you extends farther than the stars in the sky, and deeper then any ocean. You are my child of great price, the one for whom I gave everything. I cradle you in the palm of my hand. I love you even in the face of your failure. Nothing you say or do can cause me to stop loving you. I will never give up on you. Run from me-I will love you. Reject me-I will love you. Reject yourself-I will love you. You see, my love was slain before the foundations of the world, and I have never regretted the sacrifice I made for you when I died.

When I see every part of who you are, I marvel at the work of my hands, for i have whispered words of longing and desire, and you came into existence. You are awesome, and I take pleasure in you-heart, mind, and body. You are my desire. When you turn your head in shame and despise what I have made, still I reach for you, even if you don't know it. You are my most wanted and I am yours.

Love,
Your Heavenly Father


P.S. Let's talk sometime. I am always here to listen. Anytime. Anywhere.

No comments: