Thursday, August 23, 2007

Gahh...Life...

So here how it goes...I love hockey...I also love to serve God...In order to play high level hockey, I have to go to a community college...In order to serve God in the way I know how and the way I think he wants me to, I need to go to Spring Arbor University...I will learn a ton about youth ministry and I will grow a ton spiritually and socially, as I will be living in a dorm...I know you are thinking, "Duh Jake, just go to the place that sounds like it will be great." Problem: Spring Arbor cost nine times more than the community college...And money is a huge obstacle right now...I could stay at community college and still hang at SAU...but I will miss out on so much I know...I really miss hockey and I know that even that could be a ministry of some kind...Just maybe I have in mind my needs and wants first, like being able to play division 3 college hockey in front of full stands and have people recognize you...I still can glorify God like crazy through it, just, I wrestle with what I really should already know...

All I really want to do is change the freaking world one kid at a time...I know God has this massive plan in store for me and I know I will go nuts with it...There is now way it will be a boring ride (not that life is about fun)...I just want to know that what I am doing is 100% right sometimes, and I really need to just hang onto God and know that as long as I follow and serve Him I really can't go wrong...

Holy crap life is confusing...



Love God, love others, nothing else matters.

3 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

I don't know what to tell you other than whatever happens is meant to happen. God's cool like that. Whichever way you go, He will find opportunities to use you in amazing ways. No matter where you go, God will help it to work out. Don't sweat it so much, Jake...let God take control.

Anonymous said...

stop it, you aren't confused.
Rick