Monday, February 05, 2007

Help, Oh God...

My future=Unsure...I just have to let this out that I have no idea what I am to do next year...I have applied to seven colleges to go to after this year at Jackson Community College...I even am unsure about what I want to do, even though it should seem so clear...I think I am going into Youh Ministry to be a youth pastor...I love high school kids and really love to "teach" people things about God...Countless people have even told me I would be a good youth pastor...Next problem...What college? Do I go to college? I know the answer is 99.9% yes as far as going to college, because I won't survive this world without a degree (or two), but as far as where to go I really am now not as sure as I once was...My worry is that if I go to one college, I will wonder what life could have been like at another one of them...It's like, I will regret my decision and not have fun at the college I am at...Will it even matter where I go? Does God have one place He wants me? I also am wrestling with the fact that I want to just give up everything and live for God with no attachements...I just want to have only Him and not worry about worldly things...Basically, no college...But then I think..."What if He wants me as a crazy, down-to-earth youth pastor who can reach out to the kids who seemingly can't be reached?" That would be amazing...I do realize though, that I am underestimating God and what He has in my future...I am trying to put Him in a box and say, "There is no way I could ever do that or even want to be that..." I do know though, that I have to REALLY put all trust in God for it to work out and have Him point me in whatever direction is the best....

Here we go...the ride of my life...

4 comments:

Erin said...

To this I say...you should go to college. When I was reading this post, I kept thinking about Kyle Rudolph (the guy who was hit and killed on Chapel Road) and how many lives he touched in just over one year of college. You're thinking a lot about the kids that you could help in the future...which is good...but you also never know how many people you could help on the way to that point, by being a "minister" of sorts to the people you end up going to college with. And about which college to o to, leave it up to God...when the right one comes up, He'll let you know it...He's good like that! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake...I can totally understand what you're talking about with the college thing. It's exactly what I went through too and all the questions I asked. But really I found when I didn't worry about it and just let God do what he does, everything works out. Doors will open and doors will close and I know you are wise enough to discern what is best. And if you ever need help with anything you can always call me:) I love you Jake and I love reading your blogs! :)

_abe said...

nice work jake... I agree with Abby... As easy as it is to say this... and as hard as it is to really live out... don't worry about it:) Doors will open and doors will close (nice work butter) How true a statement... Also, College is pretty much like the rest of life... It is only what you make it... :) You can have a blast wherever and you can serve anywhere and you can make friends anywhere and you can learn anywhere and you can get caught by the police anywhere... Good luck with this buddy... I'll be praying for you.

I have heard of this one school though... people have said it is really cool and the people there are amazing... I am not sure where it is at though... i think it is in Indiana... it might start with an H... Yeha... I think it does start with an H... anyways,... do what everybody else does... just Google it... "Really cool christian college in indiana that starts with 'H'" :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake...I think a lot of people worry about whether they are choosing the right college or not...I know I did!! Let me share with you something that I am really working on believing right now...God has a moral will for us, and as long as we have the right motives, then He gives us the freedom to choose. That's one of the great things about our God, he gives us freedom. So, pray about it, and as long as you are doing it for the glory of God, you are doing the right thing!