Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Psalm of A Bare-Naked Man...

First song I wrote in a long while...Cheesy sounding? Maybe...But I gave a shot at writing my own psalm...




PSALM OF A BARE-NAKED MAN

O Lord, as I look to the skies I can sense you here with me
I could not count the times I've allowed these fields to show your grace
Your stars tell tales of how you'll never fail; the night pours forth your praise
The heavens shout out, the angels scream out, "Holy is our God"

But forgive me God, for I reach out, I reach for what I hate
Wash me clean, have mercy on me, according to your great love

Create in me a purified heart; renew yourself in me
Cast me not away from this place you call your home
The depth of my being needs to come forth, so open up my soul
Wake me from my sleep and I will rise from this grave

Hallelujah to the King of Kings, the Lion inside my heart
Hallelujah to the King of Kings, the Lion inside my heart

Let this be a sweet, sweet sound


No comments: