Monday, August 03, 2009

Wellspring...The End.

So the end is here...My summer job/ministry/calling/life is over...for now...

This summer brought out a lot in me...Good and bad...I grew as a musician, a friend, a brother in Christ, a speaker, and a Christ Follower...

God grabbed me by the suspenders in the middle of it all and thrust me into my calling even further when I was the youth speaker at a camp, and then threw more opportunities at me as the summer came to a close...

I met some fantastic people...Awesome men and women sold out for God, admitting their weakness as a human and strength in Christ...I was taught by some of these people how to be myself and own up to how God created me...

I broke a barrier I had in trusting God's faithfulness and my honesty in prayer...

I realized that just when I peg someone as something, they drop to their knees and raise their hands towards heaven in surrender- to the music I am playing for God...Probably one of the most humbling things I have ever experienced...

As the summer went on, I realized how much kids looked up to me to see what a Godly man looks like...I didn't take that as pressure, I took it as an opportunity to be in God's plan in their lives...God opened and shut my mouth at just the right times...

Guys, I was apart of something this summer that is no better or worse than what you did...I am simply glad that God was in the center of it and that I was able to be apart of the process...Who am I? What makes me qualified to be in the middle of God's plan in this way?

NOTHING.

That's the beauty of grace...

To go back to who I was would be a disgrace to the name of Jesus Christ...





























"To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you as an example, that you should follow in his steps."
1 Peter 2:21

2 comments:

Me. Thats all. said...

what an incredible experience. It was my pleasure to spend all summer with you.

Abe said...

Hey bro. Proud of you.




You needn't speak more than this:

"Guys, I was apart of something this summer that is no better or worse than what you did...I am simply glad that God was in the center of it and that I was able to be apart of the process..."


That is some truth... But come on now... I know you felt like a bad ass at some point this summer. ;)

love you man.
talk soon.