Tuesday, June 30, 2009

For Lack of a Better Title: Wellspring 2

Sooo sorry it has been so long for a post...It's been hard to get good internet and free time to be able to post...

I'm in my third week of going to camps and playing the worship with seven other people...We form a band called Wellspring...This job has been awesome...The previous two camps gave us a lot of free time because we weren't camp counselors, just the band...So we hung with kids whenever and practiced a ton...Musically our band is pretty tight, as well as friendship-wise...Everyone in the band has a similar mindset and it makes things soo much better and easier to work with...

These last three weeks have been the coolest and in some ways hard for me...I am living my dream job...But I am also struggling with staying focused all the time...I am not 100% sure where my role is on the team all the time...It's not really because everyone else fills every role I have ever had either, although that IS part of it, the main reason is my lack of identity I have gained from Christ...Not that Jesus has changed at all...I have just lost some of what has made me who I am...

In a few weeks I am the speaker at one of the camps we go to...If you read this, I need prayer...I know God is here...I just seem to be missing a gear once in awhile and can't quite put my finger on it...When I speak I want to be filled with The Spirit and say what He wants me to say...And everyday I want to do what He wants and minister to these kids in the way He wants...

Time is short and I must go, so more on this later...Thanks for reading and don't worry...I am having a great time!

Peace and Love in Christ,

:jake

1 comment:

Me. Thats all. said...

I feel the same way..i'm praying for you bud!