Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cambodia...

So, I leave tomorrow (Sunday) for Cambodia for a school cross cultural trip...Actually, I leave on Monday but we are staying the night in Chicago because we take off from O' Hare Airport on Monday morning...There are 14 of us going, counting the two instructors....
I have no clue what is going to happen or what I am really getting myself into...I have never left the country in my life, not even to Canada...Weird considering I have played hockey my whole life...But anyways, This is a huge step for me...I know God is gonna rock my world over there and I know that this will be a solid point in my life that defines who I am...So I ask for prayer, which I hate doing, but I know that we are all here as a body to be there for each other...I ask that you pray that we are safe traveling, that we are safe from the different diseases that are over there, and that we just let ourselves be there and be fully into what we are doing in every moment...There's this quote and I can't remember who it's from, but it says that, "Something sacred is at stake at every moment..." I want that to be truer than ever in Cambodia...

If I can manage it, I will try to blog when I am over there and update you on some stuff, but I'm not sure how the internet situation looks...So, if you don't hear from me withing the next 30 days, I will let you know how it was when I return on January 21-22...

Peace.

-Sinko

2 comments:

pookieface :] said...

i'll pray for you.
My cousin went to Nicaragua a couple months ago, he was thirteen at the time. He said it was definately a life changing experience, and he loved it. He met all these really awesome people, and was really sad that he couldnt do more to help them. I think they were going and building houses and stuff, so good luck to you!
=]

Carly Marie said...

Praying down here Jake, always praying. Wishing you awesome moments over there!