Thursday, October 04, 2007

For He Knows Our Plan...And He Knows Us...

So here I was at Consuming Fire again...This time God hit me with something else...He didn't knock me off my feet...He showed me how much He really cares...Let me tell you...

I was just chilling watching people getting prayed for and then two dudes on the prayer team came up to me named Jono and Austin...They asked if I was just chilling or if I wanted prayer or something, and I just told them I was kinda just hanging out, wondering about this whole spritual gifts thing...You know, I was just curious if I had anything like that or if God had this special thing for me or something...I was kinda curious about their ability to pray for healing on people and such...So they said they would pray for me just to see if God has anything in store or whatever...My friends, be careful when you have people pray that specifically for you...Stuff might happen that changes you... :) Jono started praying and was going on about God revealing a gift for me and asking for a blessing on me as I follow God's call into youth ministry and such...Then Austin took over the prayer and said similar things, that I just am open to God's direction and heart...While he was doing this though, I listened to Jono a little as he prayed in the background a little...One line was in english and I could hear what he said...The next line, straight up in tounges...Now, this i the first time I had heard tounges for real so I was a little freaked, but it was cool too (sidenote)...Also while Austin was praying, this other kid named John was just kinda following these two (Jono and Austin) around so he was praying over me as well...He was new to this whole thing but wanted to serve ad pray all the same...While Austin was praying I heard John whisper to Jono that he thought God spoke to him and told him something...So after the prayer form the guys, John wanted to tell me something...He told me that God gave him a few words...the main one was "warrior"...He said that I was to be a warrior for God and such, but the way he desribed it seemed to fit my personality perfectly...It was nuts...If you don't know me, I am a passionate, intense person who likes to go nuts...Then friken, Jono came back after a walk around the room and told me God was giving him the word "teacher"...Like I was going to be a teacher of some sort, teaching about God...That was crazy too, because I am already in that process, helping with a youth group and going into youth ministry...And I love to give advice...If that wasn't enough, Austin told me God gave him a picture of a lion cub with his father, who is a huge, king lion...He said that I was the cub, young and small, and that the Dad wanted to nuture me and raise me to be the father in his life...He wanted to make me courageous and a warrior for Him...I told Austin that was crazy because became Christian only a few years ago and that my mentality was that of which he was describing...

They both basically told me that God uses us in our weakness most, because I had shared some struggles with them and such...And that God wanted to take me under His care and nuture me into a great man for Him and to serve Him on this earth doing great things...By the way, none of these guys had ever really talked to me before, so they had no idea what I was like...All the personality stuff they shared had to have been from God...No kidding around...

Needless to say it was a night when I realized how much God loved me NO MATTER WHAT...He wants to take me on the ride of my life...The only ride I will ever be on...His ride...He has a plan and it is the right one, no matter how long it lasts or where it takes me...If I latch on, I may fail because I am human, but only if I let myself get in the way...

So...what is God's plan in your life? Do you know? Have you even asked? Have you been in a realtionship with Him so intense and solid that everyday you wake up thanking God and asking Him what he has in store? Turn your heart on Jesus and earnestly seek Him, and He will lead your direction...In His time, not ours...



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Mhhmm. Right on.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Cor 12:9

Julia said...

Thank You for sharing Jeremiah 29:11 with me I read your comment before I read your blog and it made so much sense for me....and now I can see what it clearly must mean for you.

Jeremy said...

Amen Sinko. I'm still amazed at how quickly God is raising you and training you. I'm not surprised that He has big plans ahead of you. Keep up the fight.