Friday, March 16, 2007

Are There Any Left Who Haven't Kissed The Enemy?

I don't know if I can take it anymore...Every week it's someone new...Before I get into it, I first have to say that I know I screw up everyday, and that no sin is greater than any other...All I have chosen to do I guess is concentate on a few of them...Anyways, I hate alcohol, weed, and whatever euphoria they bring...I really hate to be vocal about this, but it has been bothering me for so long that I just have to let it out...There are so many people I have known that have had an impact in my life for Christ, and so many people who I have looked up to as a Christian or had as a friend...Problem is, a friken lot of these people have done or been apart of anything and eveything I have ever known to not be involved with being a follower of Christ...So many people have gone off to college and become partiers...I really don't want to sound critical, because I known I friken screw up with other things, so if you don't like what I'm saying, please stop reading...It just hurts inside to see so many people close to me get into drinking...I mean, did God not say "Do not get drunk on wine." Ephesians 5:18......"Ok" I've been told by some people..."But I just drink socially to be around people that I could maybe even share God about..."Well that's cool, if you're 21...I know people hate laws and stuff, but God did say to respect the laws of man...Hey, aren't Chrisitans supposed to be an example of Jesus in the world? I know He drank wine, but never got drunk, and they didn't have a drinking age then...But it's not the technicalities anyone should be looking for to get by...If the world thinks alcohol represents something bad, then why present that image to them if you are alive in God? Why even want to be apart of something that will not bring you closer to God? Back to the old permissive/beneficial thing...It's not beneficial at all, and even borders the permissive line at times...I probably sound like a jerk and narrow-minded Christian...But I do love everyone that I know that may party and stuff...It's not them I hate, it's what they get into...Never will I ever love anyone less for screwing around with alcohol and drugs...I mean, shoot, I sin in different ways other people may hate as much as I hate alcohol...Maybe that's why it hurts so much to see people I know get into this...Because I love them...Christ loves them too, so really in the end, my opinion doesn't even matter...


Is there nothing left now?
Nothing left to sing
Are there any left who hasn't kiss the enemy?
Is this the New Year or just another desperation?

Does justice never find you?
Do the wicked never lose?
Is there any honest song to sing besides these blues?

And nothing is okay
Till the world caves in
Till the world caves in

Switchfoot- "The Blues"

5 comments:

Jeremy said...

Hey man,
I can understand what you're talking about. You don't want to offend them at all...you still love them just as much. But it tears your heart to see them throwing their lives into this, because you've seen people go down this road before. And really, what do you say to them? It seems like everything you say, they take the wrong way. They can't understand that you could love them AND be against what their doing. But just keep going, maybe they'll figure it out eventually.

-Seydou

Carol Wilson said...

Dear Jake,

I just caught up on a bunch of your past blogs. Great stuff. I'm praying that God will give you clear light on your next steps regarding college etc. And a clear voice as you call out to your friends and others who are kissing the enemy. (Boy, the enemy lies so convincingly!)

Have a great weekend.
Carol

Erin said...

I know I'm not in college yet, and neither are most of my friends...so I haven't experienced the real "party scene" thing that comes with most colleges...but there are still a lot of people in my school that drink, many of them used to be my friends, and I wish I could help them...but I don't know what to say or how to say it. So basically, I know how you feel on this one, Jake.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake,

This is interesting, I think we could have a good conversation over this topic. This is something I've dealt with from both sides.

-AY

Anonymous said...

I am a Muslim. No prophet including Christ drank wine ever. It is a thing which makes a man senseless and foolish. No sense less and foolish person can preach the word of God. Secondly, instead of hating the wrong people and instead of screwing them up. Why do not you just help them to leave alchohol or bad things. Try to find which thing lead them to wine. Was it lonliness or sadness. So this the thing I wanna share