Monday, November 20, 2006

Changing...

So this weekend I went down to Huntington to see Abe and met some sweet people and toured a pretty cool college…On Sunday I went with him to his church that is above a coffeehouse called Springwater…The pastor has dreads, is in his twenties, and wears jeans…He’s my hero…:) What he talked about though, was even cooler…He was talking about Paul in his letter to the Corinthians…about how some people were what Heath (the pastor) called scholarly Christians, or they were the Christians who lived out their faith my their deeds and works…They did not separate their deeds and works…Heath talked about that fact that there are people who just sat around and talked about the Bible and what certain things meant, and there were those who found answers by living out the life Christ said to…They served the people, obeyed God wholeheartedly, and had no possessions, everything was everyone’s…Problem with all this is, it really is no different today…So many people talk Christian, walk Christian and act Christian, but in their heart, God has no place. Funny thing is, no matter if I know it or not, I am that hollow Christian a lot of the time...I throw God on the side burner and try to get through the day on my own...Most of the time it works, another funny thing...But it's those times that you just let God take over and run it all that life seems complete and worth getting up in the morning for..Sorry if I make no sense, thoughts are just flying around...

...jake

No comments: